Subject: Create Web Pages from nmon Files Using nmon2web Tool
Date: February 1, 2014
Changes (Feb 2014)
- Added WPAR charts
- Bug fixes
Changes (January 2014)
- Added setup.ksh script to install/upgrade nmon2web
- Specify any date range for a trend chart
- Moved nmon2web_consolidator into nmon2web index.html
- Integrated the "nmon2web consolidator" function into index.html
- CrossFrame charts include dedicated partitions (previously just shared pool)
Changes (October 2013)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Updates for changes to topas output.
- Addition of "nmon2web Consolidator"
- Fixed backward compatibility issue between nmon 11e and 12e.
(Migrating from nmon 11e to 12e would break several graph in nmon2web.)
- Heads up! AIX 5.3 TL9 now incorporates nmon11 (not 12). If you migrate to TL9, there will be two nmon versions. Be sure your PATH statement uses the correct nmon version.
- nmon 12e support
- Update frequency: Removed previous restriction of one nmon file per day. You can now update at any frequency within reason. (I recommend a maximum of one update per hour.)
- Trend charts: Added top and disks to trend charts. Previously top and disk were only available in the daily charts.
- Number of disks There is a new customization option for number of disks to track. The default is 25.
- Bug fix fixed start date in Trend charts to be the rrdtool wrap date. Previously the start date was the creation date.
This is the third of a series of tips that illustrate how to automate the collection and display of nmon performance data from multiple servers. It extends the capability in previous tips to include the aggregate utilization of all partitions on the physical server. This includes CPU, memory, virtual I/O and virtual ethernet. This tip is targeted primarily for micropartitioned systems. However, it may be of broader interest for the following new features:
- More flexibility in choice of charts (uses Perl in place of the nmon2rrd utility)
- Displays non-default AIX settings for ease of management.
- Displays Change control logs for AIX settings and hardware configuration.
- Work Load Manager - displays absolute CPU utilization by class (useful for micropartitions, where %utilization is meaningless)
Centralized rrdtool database for easier data extraction so you can write your own programs. (The nmon2rrd tool created a separate rrdtool database for each nmon file.)
- Uses less disk space - removed duplicate databases (daily and long term)
The necessary scripts and documentation are provided in the download.
Run the following command to extract:
gunzip -dc nmon2web.tar.gz | tar -xvf-
February 2014 - Bug fixes and added WPAR charts
January 2014 - Updates to specify date range for trend charts.
Integrates "nmon2web consolidator" function in index.html.
New setup.ksh script automates new installations and upgrades for existing nmon2web users. (Note existing nmon2web users should use the script as it
contains a function to upgrade web directories.)
October 2013 - Updates for changes to nmon-topas. Addition of "nmon2web Consolidator".
June 2012 - Address parsing changes in nmon2web CSV fields
March 2011 - Update multiple adapters
May 2009 - Update for Partition Mobility. The following update
supports the movement of hosts between physical servers.
June 2009 - Update to include AIX's version of nmon "TOPAS-NMON". Added disk saving options to remove processed nmon and rrd_tool update files